Friday, November 5, 2010

20101104 (Newsletter) 'The King of Legend' Starring Kam Woo Sung Starts This Weekend




Hi, KBSWORLDi fans,

Can't believe it's already November! Are you keeping up with your resolutions from January? Anyone planned to watch more Korean dramas this year?  Great new dramas start this week in Seoul - 'Jungle Fish 2', The King of Legend' and 'Marry Me, Mary!'. And don't forget Daylight Savings Time ends this Sunday.

Thanks,


KBSWORLDi.com











Stars of 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' Look Back as Show Ends 

The stars of the KBS drama “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” have talked about their feelings regarding the end of the show.
1104 SKK
Micky, a member of the idol boy band TVXQ who played Lee Seon-jun, made a successful acting debut with the role. He said, “… From the beginning to the end, I’ve felt tense and nervous because this is my acting debut and I was at a critical point in my career. I am very grateful for all the support …”


Park Min-young played Kim Yun-hee, a girl disguised as a boy to study at Sungkyunkwan. She said that she gave all she had to the drama, so she doesn’t have any regrets. She said, “It’s the work that I can proudly show to my daughter in the future if I get to have one...”

Yu A-in has emerged as another heartthrob with his role of the rebellious boy Moon Jae-shin.  He said, “... I am very happy to hear that I successfully portrayed the character. It will be one of the most memorable works in my career.”

Song Joong-ki, who played Gu Yong-ha, a cheerful and lovely boy who cherishes his friendship with Moon, enjoyed great popularity with his childlike image.  He said, “It’s like a dream to receive this huge support and attention. It certainly makes me feel delighted… I had such a good time shooting the film…”




btn_watch 6







Revenge Looms in 'The Fugitive: Plan B' 
A protagonist swears to take revenge against an enemy for killing his fellow man in “The Fugitive: Plan B.”

In episode #10, Ji-woo (Rain) and1104 Rain Ji-ni (Lee Na-young) face the danger of losing their lives after being caught by Yang Doo-hee (Song Jae-ho). Ji-woo tries to makes a deal with Doo-hee since he found out his identity and motives.  But Doo-hee insteads orders Mi-jin (Yoon Sohn-ha) to get rid of them for his safety.  Mi-jin has already kidnapped Jang Sa-bu (Kong Hyung-jin), a fellow private agent of Ji-woo’s.  She threatens to poison Sa-bu to death if Ji-woo does not cooperate. And when Ji-woo resists and does not give the answers they want, she kills Sa-bu in front of Ji-woo, making Ji-woo feel tormented. Mi-jin then tries to inject the poison into Ji-ni.  Fortunately, Do-soo (Lee Jung-jin) visits Ji-ni in timely manner, and Ji-woo escapes with Ji-ni in the meantime. They go to the temple where they hid themselves before. Ji-woo, giving Sa-bu’s hair to a reverend there, asks him to pray for him. “I couldn’t bring his body and so instead I brought this hair. He died because of me,” he says guiltily.

1104 Rain2Ji-woo then calls Mi-jin and warns that he will seek revenge. He says, “You are no longer a menace since I know all about your group. You may have had an advantageous position when I was detained, but since I’m out I will not let you get away. This is a warning. I will not forgive you.” 


Watch Now



   
Drama 'The King of Legend' Starring Kam Woo Sung to Begin
   The king of Beakje, who was forgotten due to the unification of the three nations by Shilla but who had made Baekje the most powerful naval kingdom in the southeastern region and created a refined culture, will return. 

The first story of “The King of Legend,” which is one of the three stories of the kings that KBS is planning to make as historical dramas, will air its first episode on November 6.  The production director Yoon Chang Bum said, “The drama ‘The King of Legend’ was produced to discover the roots of Korea. We could not yet find the roots of Beakje, and I think that we might be able to have an opportunity to look back on how Beakje influenced the current times by studying Beakje while we produce this drama.”

1104 King
Actor Kam Woo Sung will make a comeback to the small screen after a five-year break and he will appear in a historical drama for the first time by playing “The King of Legend,” who had made the nation of Baekje prosperous with his powerful influence beyond the Korean peninsula to China and Japan. Kam expressed his feelings by saying, “… I have decided to join this drama due to a strong curiosity about ‘The King of Legend.’  I wanted to find out what kind of great king he had been. I will play him in the drama with the thought that the script itself is real. I want to feel pride as a Korean by presenting how great of a history we Koreans had in the past.” 

   








0 comments:

Post a Comment