Tuesday, June 1, 2010

20100527 (Newsletter) Drama Updates & Noodle Road


Hi, KBSWORLDi Fans,

It's already the last week of May and we are going to have a long weekend in the US.  Guess many of you are going to be on the road to enjoy the beautiful weather.  If not, you can always enjoy your favorite KBS dramas and shows online at KBSWORLDi.com. Have a good time with KBSWORLDi.com!

Thanks,

KBSWORLDi.com



Horan Immersed in Her Role in ‘Secret Agent Miss Oh’

0527 MissOh


Singer Horan, who has been making a successful acting debut by receiving rave reviews with her role in “Secret Agent Miss Oh,” has shared her affection for the character.  Horan plays Choi Eun-seo, a top agent who has every quality to be an agent, with a beautiful appearance, smart brain and sharp personality. She was the ex-girlfriend of fellow agent Go Jin-hyeok (Kim Sang-kyung).  They were envied as a "couple made in heaven," but she suddenly left Jin-hyeok without telling him why, only to return three years later.
It is natural that Jin-hyeok cannot approve of her since she not only left him without explanation but also made no contact with him during those three years. But Eun-seo has a story that she cannot reveal and, mistakenly believing that Jin-hyeok is seeing Oh Ha-na (Lee Su-kyung), she experiences mixed feelings for him.
Horan says she completely identifies with her character. “I had tears in my eyes while I was reading the script. I could understand how she feels about love. It just made me cry to learn how fragile and emotional she is when it comes to love, just like any other women,” she said.  She continued: “I also often feel that I cannot be cool about love, even though I really want to be. When I’m in love, I find myself going from one extreme to another. Being cool can cause many regrets when it comes to love. That’s what Eun-seo is going through. She tries to give the impression that she doesn’t really care, but she must be hurt. I hope she does what makes her truly happy, whatever it is.”

Watch Now

 



 ‘Cinderella’s Stepsister’ Character Makes Heartbreaking Confession  



0527 cinderella


A heroine in “Cinderella’s Stepsister” has painfully confessed her feelings towards a male protagonist that she has been hiding.  In the episode 15, Song Eun-jo (Moon Geun-young) feels heartbroken when Hong Gi-hun (Chun Jung-myung), whom she loves, tells her that he will leave her company.
Eun-jo pours out what she has kept in her heart to Hang Jeong-woo (Ok Taek-yeon), who has cherished feelings for her from when he was a little boy.  “As a young girl, I always wished morning wouldn’t come, because it was either in a place of a man I didn’t know or in a cheap motel room that I woke up. And most of the time I heard my mother shout and swear at the man she’s living with,” she said. “But from one day, I didn’t have to hear that. I couldn’t believe it, and tried not to believe it because I knew it wouldn’t last long. But it lasted long, and I felt like I was dreaming.”
Eun-jo goes on to talk about her love for Gi-hun. “That was not all. I even started to wait for the morning to come. When I went to bed at night, I wanted to wake up soon, so that I could start a day with him. I was happy because I could see him whenever I turned my head,” she said. “I didn’t want anything. It was enough if he’s just there. I felt my heart pounding as if I saw him after a million years whenever he came back in sight, even after being out of sight for only a minute. That was enough for me. I didn’t want anything more than that from him, but he just left and came back, and he’s saying he is leaving again.”  Jeong-woo asks her, “Do you want me to break his leg so that he cannot leave you?” Hearing his words, Eun-jo asks in tears, “Can you? If you can, please do that for me,” but soon seems to try to pull herself together, saying, “No, it’s ok. If he leaves this time, he won’t come back like last time, and then his leaving won’t happen again. It’s a good thing, really good thing.”

* Watch it as a Package

Watch Now

 



KBS Documentary 'Noodle Road' wins Peabody Awards 


The acclaimed KBS documentary <Noodle Road> has been honored with the 69th Annual Peabody Awards.  The 6-part TV series (directed by KBS producers Lee Wook-Jung and Yeom Ji-Sun) won much acclaim both at home and abroad for its extensive and detailed coverage of the history of this basic staple spanning ten countries from the Far East to Europe.  Highly sophisticated HD video graphics were used in the making of <Noodle Road> and the BBC’s world renowned chef, Ken Hom, hosted this investigative series that traces the cultural and historical significance of an adaptable cuisine and its transformation and variation over the centuries.

0527 Noodle 

The Peabody Award was particularly for the fourth episode in the series titled <Connecting the Kitchens of Asia>.  The first part of the series <Mysterious Food is Born> was named the “Best Documentary” in 2009 by the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union.  The Peabody Awards, founded in 1939 in the U.S., have previously awarded such world-renowned programs like <Roots> (1977), <The Simpsons> (1996) and <Lost> (2009).

Last year, KBS feature drama for teenagers <Jungle Fish>, won the Peabody Awards. The Awards Ceremony for the 69th Annual Peabody Awards took place in New York on May 17, 2010.

* Watch 'Noodle Road' online

* Get 'Noodle Road' on DVD
 

Watch Now


 

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment